Tuesday 21 March 2017

Medication Change Fun

I've been in the process of changing my antidepressant medication. I've been taking Prozac, however in the past I have had Lexapro, Cipramil, Cymbalta, Zoloft, and Effexor. Today I started Pristiq after a few days of weaning off the Prozac. Fingers crossed I have a better result with this one. Apparently it is a new medication (only about 5 years old) so there is a good chance they have learnt from previous mistakes when it comes to making meds.

Anyway, today I had my first dose. I also had my usual pain medications (Lyrica and Targin), with a side of endone and valium. Breakfast was almost like some kind of chemical degustation. I had slept through breakfast so I had no actual food in my tummy. Well provided you don't count the single serve box of Coco Pops that I ate while watching Iron Fist on Netflix last night.

This morning I had my CBT session which started out great. As the minutes ticked by I found that the coffee wasn't doing its job. Slowly but surely my eyes began dripping and I found it hard to keep them open. My facilitator agreed that I should come back to bed. Which is where I am now, typing all of this with my left eye closed. I think now is the time for me to close the other. But not without sharing a pic of how exhausted I look because I think it is kinda funny.



Love and stuff to you all xxx

1 comment:

  1. I hope Pristiq works better for you than another friend of mine. It has definately been around during longer then 5 years as Merc has been on it longer then that. Problem with pristiq is that when it is time to come/ween off it can be incredibly rough. Merc's gp and head Dr's have tried several times to ween Merc off it and unfortunately she ends up hospitalized back on full dose everytime.

    I hope it works better for you as i know different meds affect people differently.

    Love you babe and so proud you are walking this path. Xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Time For An Update

It has been a few months since my mental health declined rapidly. So where am I at now? Well let me fill you in... Firstly, my Psoriatic A...