Sunday 19 March 2017

Time for the Freakin' Weekend (I'll drink to that yeah yeah)

Weekends have a whole new meaning when you're in hospital. Therapy stops, therefore your whole routine stops. Suddenly you only have to do the things you choose to do. Which is a bit of a double-edged sword. For those who don't have friends or family to visit, or who don't feel like engaging with the outside world at all, I could imagine it would be a pretty dark couple of days. Thankfully I have the opposite. Although throw a medication change in there, and you have a bit of trouble brewing underneath.

Yesterday I had a couple of visitors. My lovely friend Jess came to pick me up and take me for a cruise around the shopping centre. We got our nails done, drank coffee and looked in clothes shops. I picked up a few of the bits and pieces that I needed, and a few that I didn't need but really wanted. Leggings (to wear as pants), thongs, makeup bag, and some body scrub to try to give my sense of smell a bit of a good time. We laughed lots, avoided committing crimes, and made it back to the hospital only almost an hour later than I said I would. Un/fortunately nobody seemed to notice/care that I wasn't back in time. I know I am a low risk patient, so perhaps that accounts for it?





Later in the afternoon I had a visit from three of my boys. My stepson wasn't feeling well so he stayed behind, however I had Aedin, Ezra and Trent here which was amazing. We went to a little wing place called Lord of the Wings. Ah mah gahd! It was so great. Wings, burgers, poutine, mozzarella sticks. How could you go wrong??? Can't wait for someone to come visit me around dinner time so we can go there again. And to top the night off, when we got back to my room I was able to take my littlest guy in for a shower with me. This is one of our routines that I have missed the most. Afterwards he lay on the bed with me and had a bottle. It was divine. A-Dawg had a great time playing with my Nintendo Switch, drinking the complimentary hot chocolate, and eating as many of the biscuits as he could hahahaha. Gosh I love that kid.



Sunday rolled around before I knew it, and thankfully my roomie woke me to let me know that today was Cooked Breakfast Day. Considering I had missed breakfast the past few mornings I decided I should definitely make a move to score myself some bacon. There are not many more motivating forces stronger than bacon, amirite? Afterwards I worked on doing my laundry and waited for my boys to visit again. This time I had the pleasure of seeing Trent, Ezra and Josh. I grabbed the box of equipment required to play table tennis and we went outside for some fresh air. Ezra had an absolute blast. Apparently people hitting a tiny little plastic ball is HILARIOUS! Ez gives it 10/10. We had a nice afternoon and it was sad having to say goodbye again.




The rest of the afternoon has been pretty ordinary. Anxiety levels have been high. The doc is weaning me off my current medication, which can account for some of it. However it wasn't until I came in here that I realised a lot of the symptoms I've been having have been anxiety. The biggest one being shortness of breath in the absence of exercise. Some moments I find that I just can't seem to catch my breath, no matter how hard I try. Thankfully my psychiatrist had written me up for some valium to take when I feel I need it. Problem is, the more I wean off this medication, the more the anxiety is kicking in. I'm not looking forward to how I will feel the next few days.

Anyway it's almost time for me to go and get my nighttime medications. I've already had my shower and spoilt my senses with some body scrub. I've rubbed some magnesium cream into my sore ankle (I'm doing a magnesium cream experiment as present, which I will talk about soon), and soon I will lay in bed with the lights off, and some Iron Fist on my laptop while I wait for sleep to hit. Sleep seems to be a lot more accommodating now that I am on some different medications. Once I go to sleep, I stay asleep.




Now enough about me, tell me about you. How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I spent mine cleaning for another inspection. We score them every 6 months. Yay!! NOT!
    My children are all being exceptionally naughty.
    Driving me up the wall.
    I'm tired, sore and enjoying your blog. .
    Thanks for sharing. 💖❤💓💋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning for rental inspections is the worst! Nothing makes time fly quicker than the approaching date of an inspection. Good luck with it! And thanks for sharing and your kind words.

      Delete
  2. My beautiful Ally, thankyou for being you..... It was a gorgeously wet weekend, perfect for that staying in stuff with my little guys watching movies until we were overrun with another 2 children and a not so little guy... Quiet quickly turned to mayhem with Sammy turning into Mommy Dearest in the process... Its all fun n games until someone says blended families hahaaa!! Love you chicken xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you keep that up you'll end up in a bed alongside me! Hahahaha. I'm sure you guys will find your groove. How old are his kids? So stoked that you have found the love you deserve <3

      Delete
  3. My beautiful Ally, thankyou for being you..... It was a gorgeously wet weekend, perfect for that staying in stuff with my little guys watching movies until we were overrun with another 2 children and a not so little guy... Quiet quickly turned to mayhem with Sammy turning into Mommy Dearest in the process... Its all fun n games until someone says blended families hahaaa!! Love you chicken xx

    ReplyDelete

Time For An Update

It has been a few months since my mental health declined rapidly. So where am I at now? Well let me fill you in... Firstly, my Psoriatic A...