Monday 21 August 2017

Time For An Update

It has been a few months since my mental health declined rapidly. So where am I at now? Well let me fill you in...

Firstly, my Psoriatic Arthritis has been diagnosed and treated. I am currently having blood tests every six weeks to see how my body is tolerating my new medication, and while it has made a huge difference, I am still a way off remission. However I am hopeful of reaching remission and being pain-free in the next 6 months. My pain levels at the moment are tolerable though, and don't really affect my ability to walk through this world.

My mental health is very stable. I take an anti-depressant and a mood stabiliser. I keep a diary of my mood each and every day. I am pleased to say that every day for the whole month of August has been recorded as being a good day, despite is moving house and being frazzled and exhausted. To compare, in April a good day was a rarity.

I have started studying a Cert III in Health Services Assistance, and am looking at returning to the workforce in the next week if all pans out as I hope.

Thank you to everyone who has supported and loved me through my darkest hours ❤️

2 comments:

  1. You're an absolute inspiration. I am so proud of how vocal and proud you are of your journey as difficult as it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news all round! Thank you for the update, it's great to hear that you've made some excellent progress. You deserve it! ��

    ReplyDelete

Time For An Update

It has been a few months since my mental health declined rapidly. So where am I at now? Well let me fill you in... Firstly, my Psoriatic A...